Champion Learning Academy Covid Policy:
Procedures Under Covid-19
last updates: 7/16/2021
Ventilation will be maximized for indoor activities and in buses, while recirculation will be reduced or eliminated.
Adhering to NC DHHS/ CDC guidelines, we will make modifications to our Pickup Procedure to ensure the safety and well-being of our students and staff. For the upcoming Fall semester, the following changes will be implemented: and will remain in effect until receiving further guidance from public officials and consideration from Champion Administration.
- Adults picking up students will remain in their cars.
- A Champion staff member will meet you & get your child's name. To expedite the pick up process and to ensure safety of all individuals during the pickup process- we request the following from each family picking up their child:
- If you can clearly print your child’s grade level and first name on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper- for example:
- Your child will be called from the classroom. If your child is in the PK or 1A/B classroom, the child will be escorted by an adult staff to the front lobby.
- At that point, the child will be escorted to your car by a Champion staff member.
Wear a mask at all times. Everyone should wear a well-fitting mask over their mouth and nose, except when eating or sleeping. We strongly encourage parents to provide a mask (and extras, if needed) each day for your child.
Please keep children home when they are sick. Parents will be called upon kids feeling sick at Champion or having a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Please do not send children to Champion when they are still ill or immediate after taking fever-relief medicine.
Students will be kept in groups no matter in class, during or breaks.
Snack time & water
No food sharing. Neither lunch nor snacks will be provided by Champion. Please ensure that your child has sufficient snacks & water to satisfy their needs until pick up.
In-classroom activities will be modified to ensure physical distancing and shared items disinfection. Stagger break time for each group.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
The facility will be clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and toys, computers, door handles, tables, faucets, and drinking fountains.
All staff will be fully vaccinated.
Students will wash hands using soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time. Hand-drying towels will be always available. Every classroom will be equipped with hand sanitizer.
Low Student/Teacher Ratio
To ensure the safety of our students at Champion Learning Academy, we will attempt to maintain a low student to teacher ratio. Typical class sizes will range from 6 -12 students, thus allowing for quality instruction and adhering to CDC and NC DHHS guidelines. We may have to make modifications to the number of students that we have per class depending on the following factors:
- the nature of the course
- the size of the classroom
- instructional content, demand for the course
- availability of instructors
We are adhering to CDC guidelines, as well as those established by the NC DHHS including daily temperature checks, enhanced cleaning of all areas and working surfaces, and recently acquired room air purifiers.